CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

What We've Been Up To...

Over the last few weeks, we've had some fun little field trips.

We went on a tour of Raley's grocery store with some homeschooling friends--we got to go behind the scenes and see what they do with old produce, go inside the freezers (brrrr!) and see the butcher (and touch lots of meat...with gloves on) and bakery (and get free cookies!).

Here the kids are in their little hats before going behind the butcher counter:

Listening to Miss Linda tell us all about produce (she was great!):

...And getting ready to start our tour:


We made Challah and celebrated a traditional Jewish Sabbath:


We also went to the "Star EcoStation" and got to see turtles and tortoises up close, big pythons, lizards and birds...frogs, tarantulas, and fish...and lots of other cool reptiles. Here the kids are in the "trash tunnel" where they learned about what happens when we put pollutants down the drains:

I've been pushing through a ton of work trying to get to where we should be in the school year. I'm getting closer! I think in another month we'll be where we should be.

The boys have been working on the books of the Bible, and I tried to post the video, but it's not working. I'll try another day.

That's mostly what we've been up to!

1 comment:

  1. I love all the field trips you are taking. I always made my kids journal or draw (sometimes both) after our trips, I think it helps cement the experiences in their mind. Also, it was good for me to see what they saw, what they thought was fun - I'm guessing your guys would agree that the free cookies was the best part! The bread looks yummy!
    Be blessed.

    ReplyDelete