CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, February 4, 2010

2nd Week Going Strong!

I tell ya, I just love homeschooling! I mean, it's tiring. Really tiring. But it's incredibly rewarding! I find myself constantly thinking, "How could I make this into a lesson? What could I do this afternoon to squeeze in some learning?"

I don't know why I never felt this way when the kids were in school. Well, actually, I do. I was relying upon my own strength as a mom. The Lord completely transformed me. I had so much self-doubt when it came to educating our children that I didn't even allow room for the Lord to work. But the moment I said, "Ok, I'm willing to give it a try," He utterly changed me. I really do consider myself a different person now. A better parent. A more involved mommy. And I can see my relationships with the kids blossoming more than I would ever have experienced had I not gone down this road.

This week we rubbed the outlines of tree bark on sheets of paper...made a sundial and watched the shadow change throughout the day...went on a nature walk to collect flowers (and found none...duh, it's February!)...baked cookies together...learned all about the sun...learned all about the 7 days of creation...and watched part of the State of the Union address together:



It's all just been wonderful. I can't believe my own uncertainties almost made me miss out on this. Praise God for giving me a little nudge to step out a bit on faith!

1 comment:

  1. I feel the same way. I'm a totally different mom and working harder to be better. We don't always have great school days (losing my cool comes to mind) but when we are on a roll, we are on a ROLL! You're amazing!

    ReplyDelete