CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, January 25, 2010

Our "first day."






Today was our "unofficial" first day of homeschooling. I won't get our curriculum until near the end of the week, so we're taking it easy and just doing some fun activities.

Today we played with Shrinky Dinks for the first time. I can't believe I've never heard of those things! Then we made some marshmallow sculptures (as seen above) with uncooked spaghetti and mini marshmallows. We had recess and snack and then went to the library to pick out some train books. Tomorrow we're heading to the train museum!

Oh, and when I walked out our front door this afternoon, there was a surprise gift! Amber left us a little "goody bag" with fun school stuff. I *love* that little Silly Starters book. Check it HERE. So cool! Oh, and those rulers are *bendable* so they can wrap around things to measure!

This afternoon we've practiced math and read some of our books.

2 comments:

  1. Happy first day. Blogging is a great way to document your schooling. Be sure to discuss what your answer will be when people ask, "No school today?"

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just wrote this super long comment and then my computer went wonky! ARGGG! I'll summarize...

    I use a classical based curriculum that I read about from the book The Well-trained Mind. Totally worth the read. It's a learning style that has worked for centuries so I figure it's worth a shot! We do lots of reading, writing and math at this point. I'm was a history major so we do a lot of that of course! :)

    Also, I noticed that you live in Sacramento- my mom lives in Dixon! We should meet next time I go down there! I'd love to pick your brain about adoption...

    Homeschooling is one of the hardest things I've done but I really wouldn't trade it. We're crazy right? To give up all of our free time? I'm one year away from having all three in school. Oh the things I could do with my time. But the Lord had different plans for me and I'm so glad. Better Him guiding me than myself- He has way better ideas! :)

    Enjoy!!!

    ReplyDelete